The Smart Load Center™ is a solar and utility energy breaker box or panel box that can automatically select the use of utility power or solar-derived power independently for each of a number of load circuits based on smart algorithms. The automatic selections of power uses a microcontroller to control the dynamic switching of each breaker circuit.
The Smart Load Center™ microcontroller is programmed to achieve a number of important functions:
- It maximizes the use of solar power, thereby consuming less utility power and reduces the homeowner’s electric bill.
- It keeps the battery sufficiently charged so that there is power available at night or for emergencies when the utility power goes out.
- It allows all, except big loads such as HVAC or Hot Tubs, to be useable even during a utility outage.
- It provides a glitch-free, zero break changeover, between power sources.
The Smart Load Center™ uses today’s technology to increase efficiencies and decrease energy costs in one of the fastest growing segments of the market –Solar. We believe that we’ve eliminated any reasons for the homeowner to not pursue a solar solution.
Stephen Burnett – Chairman & CEO , Koolbridge Solar, Inc.
Smart Load Center™ – Printed Circuit Board
- 4 for initial testing
- 20+ for prototype run
- Design complete
- Fabrication complete
- Population underway
Smart Load Center™ – Embedded Software
Basic operating system in place
- task priorities
- task scheduling
User interface under development
- LED’s for load source
- LCD display for status
- Communication port for configuration and testing
Electrical power interface under development
- Monitor 16 breaker currents
- Monitor 2 power currents
Koolbridge Solar Smart Load Center™ Testing in Process
A Koolbridge Solar embedded software engineer tests the Smart Load Center™ for
circuit by circuit switching capabilities.