The Gateway to the Intelligent Home begins with the Koolbridge Solar SMART LOAD CENTER™ v1.0.
The SMART LOAD CENTER (SLC) was created to maximize the use of renewable energy from the sun, battery, generator or wind (if available). It optimizes the use of solar energy when the sun is shining and only pulls power from the grid when solar energy, either direct or stored in the battery, is low. It measures, displays and records the homeowner’s energy usage down to the individual circuit breaker level and provides homeowners with the information as to where and when energy is being utilized throughout the home. The SMART LOAD CENTER began UL testing in February 2017. It has met UL requirements as an “Automatic Electrical Control For Household And Similar Use” in the US and Canada (UL 60730-1, CAN/CSA-E60730-1) and UL67 “STANDARD FOR PANEL BOARDS.”
SMART LOAD CENTER™ features:
• Preset User Priorities – prioritizing loads to match available solar power to home power demand
• Minimize reliance on the electrical grid
• Maximizes use of your own free solar power
• Communicates with PCs or laptops
• Displays current and historical power usage by time, per circuit and per energy source
• Time-of-day dependent operations may be programmed
• Peak Demand Control
• Real-time appliance power usage
• Battery technology agnostic
• Inverter agnostic (inverter must be a load-supporting inverter, and inverter and battery must be compatible)
• Integrated tracking of energy utilization independently for each branch circuit
• Coordination of total load on inverter and grid to avoid falling foul of time-of-use tariffs
• Dynamically adjusts loads to match the power available from each source
• Fits flush between 16” spaced wall studs in standard US wood frame construction
For a complete copy of Smart Load Center brochure, click here.
Koolbridge Solar Smart Load Center™ Testing in Process
A Koolbridge Solar embedded software engineer tests the Smart Load Center™ for
circuit by circuit switching capabilities.